Best Cheese Puto Recipe for Early-Morning Snack Lovers
Nothing could make a chilling morning a little warmer better than a hot cup of coffee or chocolate and a plate of cheese puto. While most Filipinos usually greet the morning with pandesal, in provinces, puto is a popular choice as well.
Cheese puto is basically a steamed rice cake made with flour and topped with cheese. Early in the morning, you’ll hear vendors roaming around the area selling freshly cooked puto. But if you want to make these delicious treats yourself, we have here a cheese puto recipe you will love.
Cheese Puto Recipe Everyone Will Love
Grab those cooking bowls and start learning this cheese puto recipe for a more enjoyable early-morning snack.
Scroll down for the video
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 4 cups rice flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (coconut or fresh milk will do)
- 2 180 g Cheddar cheese
Ready the following materials:
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or wise whisk
Follow these steps:
- Sift the white sugar, salt, basking powder, and flour together.
- Place the sifted ingredients in a large bowl. Pour coconut milk into it and blend. (Make sure the mixture is smooth before proceeding to the next step.)
- Slice the cheddar cheese into thin pieces, preferably in rectangular shapes.
- Grease the muffin pan with butter and pour the mixture into it. (Leave enough space at the top to give enough room for the puto to expand.)
- Place the sliced cheddar cheese on top of each puto mixture.
- Let steam for as long as 30 minutes.
- Check if the puto is already cooked by inserting a toothpick into the center of each piece. if the pick comes out clean, then it is ready to be served.
If you mean this cheese puto recipe to be part of your morning snack, then a hot cup of coffee or chocolate will go best with it. But if you want to serve it midday, it is best consumed with a bowl of mouthwatering dinuguan (pork blood stew)!