DIY Projects to Maximize Space in Your Living Room
We all want a home big enough to house all of our stuff, but life being what it is, we can’t have everything. Somehow, we gotta learn to stick to a little apartment that fits our budget. But having a small space should not mean we have to throw away some of our belongings just to avoid making it look crowded. The trick? Learn how to maximize space in living room and all other parts of the house.
Maximize Space in Living Room with These Amazing Projects
Land costs have gotten very expensive these days, and with the sky-high prices come sky-high buildings. It is a good thing that we don’t have to pay for airspace, or things crowding would be a different story altogether. Unfortunately, it is very rare for condo and apartment units to be as large or as homey as a house in the suburbs.
To make small places comfortable to live in, you have to get creative with storage and design. So if you have to commit to pieces of furniture or accessories, you have to make sure that it will count for the overall look that you’re going for. Storage that has more than one function always wins—even better if they’re affordable.
Here are a few projects that you might want to try to maximize space in living room of your condo or townhouse:
1. Mounted shelving for storage
Watch the video in the end
2. Hanging planters for more open floor spaces
3. Brass wall-mounted lamps make tables unnecessary
4. Magazine stools for extra seating
5. Old crates as wall mounted display shelves
6. Repurposed suitcases as tables for added storage
7. Honeycomb shelves add style
8. Double duty ottoman do more than seat guests
9. Space saving overlapping floating corner shelves
10. Quirky wall lamp for added ambiance
11. Hide knickknacks in wooden crates-turned coffee tables
12. Upcycle old dresser drawers as hanging display shelves
For more of these inventive projects that will help you maximize space in living room, check out the second part of this article series.