Sinigang na Bangus Recipe You Can Try at Home
Sinigang can be made in a number of ways, it is no wonder that it is an all-time favorite dish for Pinoys! A touch of tamarind gives the broth its distinctive sour taste. One popular ingredient you can add to sinigang is bangus or known internationally as milkfish. You can find bangus just about everywhere and you can opt to buy it whole or boneless if you don’t enjoy removing spiny fish bones.
Keep reading to learn how to make sinigang na bangus at home.
Easy Sinigang na Bangus Recipe
Scroll down for the video
- 1 large bangus, cleaned and sliced into medium-sized pieces
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 2 cups kangkong leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 small white radish
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cups of water
- 1 small pack of tamarind powder
- Boil water.
- Add tomatoes and onion and allow to simmer for few minutes.
- Add bangus and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the taramind powder and salt to taste.
- Add labanos and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add bokchoy leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy with family and friends!
You can also try our pork sinigang recipe.