Beef Pares Recipe Perfect for Any Occasion
Ready to jump in on some meat madness? This beef pares recipe is here to satisfy your cravings for a hearty soup.
Definitely a Filipino dish, beef pares is basically beef briskets simmered in broth mixed with several spices and tenderized to perfection. The broth used in the dish is usually a mixture of water, sugar, soy sauce, and spices including ginger, garlic, onion, and pepper.
If you want to serve this palatable dish in your next meal but don’t quite know how to cook it, here is a beef pares you can easily follow.
Scroll down for the video
Beef Pares Recipe Your Family Will Love
Here are the ingredients to prepare and steps to follow when cooking your own beef pares.
What to prepare
- 2 lbs beef brisket (this is just the usual cut, you can use flank, boneless beef shank)
- 2 pc beef (cut in cubes)
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 4 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 pc onion (minced)
- 6 tbsp scallions or green onions (chopped)
- 4 pc star anise
What to do
- Pour water into a pot then boil.
- Add the beef and boil for one to two hours or until meat is tender.
- Once tender, place the beef in a bowl and let it cool down. (Note: keep the stock used for boiling, as it will be needed in the next step).
- Cut the boiled meat in cubes.
- Pour cooking oil in a pan then let heat.
- In the pan, sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add the cubed beef brisker and sauté for at most 3 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce, 2 cups of beef stock (the same stock set aside in step no. 3), beef cubes, and star anise. Stir and boil.
- Add the salt as well as the black pepper. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add the scallions or green onions as garnishment.
Beef pares is best consumed with garlic fried rise and another bowl of hot soup. You can trust your family will love this dish and will ask you to prepare it again!
Watch the video below