Here’s How You Can Make Your Own Version of Calamansi Whiskey Sour
Calamansi is one of the most popular fruits in Southeast Asia. The Philippines, in particular, are known to mix this mini citrus fruit with almost everything. Filipinos sometimes used to season fish, chicken, and pork meat. It is also used as a condiment in Filipino cuisine like lugaw or pancit.
So aside from being used as a seasoning agent or the perfect partner for soy sauce, there are actually other ways to get the most out of your calamansi! One underrated method is by mixing it up with your favorite alcoholic beverage and creating one of the best concoctions you’ll taste in your life, the calamansi whiskey sour.
How to Make Calamansi Whiskey Sour
- 4 ounces whiskey
- 1 ounce calamansi juice (about two to three calamansi limes)
- 1/2 ounce honey
- Plenty of ice
- Mix all the ingredients in a three-piece cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze the calamansi and use a strainer to avoid mixing in the seeds.
- Transfer mix on a chilled cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a sliver of calamansi.
This is the perfect cocktail to cool off in the warm Philippine weather! Enjoy it with your friends and family.
Watch the video below