Chicken Adobo Recipe
Chicken adobo is probably the most popular original Filipino dish—and that’s for a reason. Although its cooking method is very simple, its unique taste is truly extraordinary and unforgettable. In fact, a number of non-Filipinos abroad have expressed their appreciation of our own chicken adobo and even made their own version of the dish. The secret—which is really not so secret—of this dish is actually not just in cooking but in the method of preparation as well.
https://balay.ph/chicken-adobo-recipe/Scroll down for video
Before stewing the chicken in vinegar and soy sauce, it’s also essential that you marinade the meat with soy sauce and garlic for at least an hour up to three. Then sauté the chicken for a few minutes before adding the marinade. If you crave for one, you can just go to your suki carinderia. But it’s still worth learning to cook it yourself. The method is simple really. Watch the video below for the detailed procedure.
Chicken Adobo Ingredients
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon white sugar
- Salt and whole peppercorn
- In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic, then marinade the chicken for at least 1 to 3 hours
- Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- When the oil is hot enough, put in the marinated chicken. Cook all the sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, then salt. Stir and turn the heat off.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out our pork adobo recipe too.
Watch the video below