Ala Pinoy Chicken Curry Recipe
Curry may predominantly be Indian food, but that doesn’t mean that Filipinos don’t enjoy this scrumptious meal. In fact, chicken curry is among the favorite dishes served at parties — not only is it easy to cook, its complex flavors provide a certain satisfaction for your tongue.
Here is an easy recipe for you to follow to impress guests at your next dinner party:
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 pieces bok choy
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger in medium high heat.
- Add chicken and leave the pot to simmer.
- Add fish sauce and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and turmeric, stirring constantly.
- Adjust heat to medium, then add water and red bell pepper.
- Let the recipe sit in heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bok choy.
- Leave to simmer for another 5 minutes or until bok choy and chicken are tender.
Note: chicken may also be substituted with pork, lechon, tilapia or beef.
Seems easy enough, doesn’t it? Enjoy!
Watch the video below