Chicken Sopas Recipe to Keep You Warm During Rainy Days
The months of June, July, and August mark the start of the rainy season. So what better way to keep warm than by enjoying a bowl of warm chicken sopas? Chicken sopas is a soup dish that is made up of shredded boneless chicken meat mixed with macaroni pasta. This is a common snack among Filipino families who are looking for something that is easy to make and absolutely enjoyable to eat, one of the best food to take during rainy season.
Today, you’ll get to learn how to make tasty chicken sopas at home. Learn the easy steps in making this scrumptious dish below.
Easy Chicken Sopas Recipe
Scroll down for the video
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup celery stalk, chopped
- ¾ cup carrots, diced
- ¾ cup cabbage; shredded
- ¾ cup fresh or evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat butter in the cooking pan and allow to melt.
- Add onions and cook until it softens.
- Put in boneless chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper and stir.
- Add chicken broth to mix and boil.
- Pour in water and milk and wait to reboil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni and cook for 8 minutes while stirring once in awhile.
- Put in the carrots and celery and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!
Watch the video below