Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe
After a long, tiring day at work, the only thing you’d like most in the world is to go home and eat a filling dinner. However, if you’re too exhausted, you also wouldn’t have the energy to whip up a complicated meal with all kinds of bells and whistles. A simple meal that’s easy and fast to cook but will also leave you satisfied is what you need. This ginisang sitaw and kalabasa recipe is exactly that.
Going Healthy: The Delicious Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe
Easy to cook, this ginisang sitaw at kalabasa recipe is also perfect for those healthy eaters who are looking to cut their meat intake and increase their vegetable consumption. To get the best advantage out of this recipe, it is recommended that you sauté the vegetables. This helps to lock in the nutrients of the vegetables. It also gives them that vibrant and beautiful color, which helps to make your dish look even more delicious when you serve it at the table.
Scroll down for video
• Squash, cut into cubes
• String beans, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
• Pork, cut into bite-sized pieces
• Canola or olive oil, for sauteing
• Salt or fish sauce
1. Heat the pan to warm it up. Add oil, enough to sauté the ingredients.
2. When the oil is hot, sauté the garlic. After a few seconds, add the onion and ginger.
3. Add the pork pieces and cook until they turn golden brown.
4. Add the cube-sliced squash and sauté until they are cooked halfway.
5. Add the 2-inches cut string beans and sauté for about 2 mins.
6. Add water for the sauce; it’s up to you to determine your preferred amount. Add salt or fish sauce to taste then boil for 5 minutes.
7. Smash a number of squash cubes to thicken the sauce. Boil for another 2 minutes.
8. Take pan off heat and serve the dish.