Pork Tapsilog Recipe
Tapsilog is probably the most popular breakfast meal in the Philippines. It is so well-liked by many Filipinos that they often request it not just for breakfast but sometimes also for their lunch and supper. It forced some restaurants and eateries to make this breakfast meal available all day.
Tapsilog is the short term for breakfast combination of tapa (cured meat), sinangag (fried rice), and itlog (egg). Tapa can be made from beef, pork, chicken, or fish. However, in this recipe, we will be featuring pork tapsilog.
Scroll down for video
Preparation for pork tapsilog is quick and simple. It is similar to beef tapa except that we’re going to use pork instead of beef.
Although the traditional process of making tapa requires the meat to be dried under the sun, there’s a shortcut to making it. Just marinade the pork with regular seasonings and you are half done.
Here’s how to make pork tapa. So the next time you crave for this meal, you don’t have to run to the nearest tapsilogan, instead, you try this homemade recipe.
Pork Tapa Ingredients
- half kilo pork loin, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- dash of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp granulated white sugar
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups garlic rice
- 4 pieces fried eggs
Pork Tapsilog Cooking Instructions
- Place pork, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a zip-lock bag. Mix well, then leave inside the fridge for 12 hours.
- Put the frying pan on the stove and then pour in the cooking oil.
- Once the oil becomes hot, fry the marinated pork pieces in low to medium heat until the meat turns medium brown. Flip as needed to cook the opposite side.
- Arrange the pork tapa, a cup of garlic rice, and a piece of fried egg on a plate.
- Serve with spicy vinegar and ketchup.
Share and enjoy!
Watch the video below